Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Crafty

My cousin's birthday was last Friday and she, along with her fam, came into town to spend Labor Day weekend with us. My gifts to her are usually something along the lines of jewelry or gift cards, but this year I decided to throw her for a loop by making something that she could use as decor for her classroom.

I got this idea from one of the Jones Design Company tutorials. It's pretty reasonable, cost-wise, and will be even less expensive if I do it again because I now have the supplies. There are different variations that I'm interested in trying... particularly her shabby chic white bouquet in the frame.



I bought the little $8 plant {already in the cute pot} at Home Depot, and asked my cousin if she wanted "bright colors" or "Starbucksy (muted) colors." She chose bright to match her classroom decor. I found the assortment of bright buttons at Michaels, as well as the 20 gauge floral wire.


It turned out super cute, if I do say so myself...
(FYI- these would be really fast and easy teacher presents if you find yourself stumped at Christmas or Valentine's Day).

She loved it! :)

1 comment:

Mary Beth and Travis said...

CUTE! I'm so impressed with all of your blog posts and craft posts and recipe posts.....you go girl!!!!