Tuesday, September 13, 2011

2 New Recipes

Last week I actually tried TWO new recipes!

The FIRST was from my mom. She found an amazing sauce for Lettuce Wraps at HEB. They're not PF Changs, but we loved them!

The sauce is LEE KUM KEE by Panda Brand {located with the Asian foods}.


These are the ingredients:


chopped green onion
chopped carrots
chopped water chestnuts
roasted peanuts
1 head of lettuce
Lettuce Wrap sauce
ground chicken
{raw ground chicken grosses me out so it didn't make the cut for the picture}


The cooking instructions can be found on the back of the package.
*This would also be great over a bed of white rice.*

-----------------------------------------------------------

The SECOND recipe I tried is courtesy of my friend, Melissa. It's called Smothered Green Chile Pepper Chicken and can be found here. This is probably one of my new favorite chicken recipes. We had this with wild rice and salad, but I think it'd be awesome with spanish rice.

{photo taken from the site}

1 comment:

crdady said...

YEAH! these have been my latest craving. definitely trying this one. you're well on your way to becoming the best hostess EVER :)