Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Meal of the Week #6

Monday night I tried Lemony Chicken with Vegetables and Parmesan from the mom-a-licious website (click here for the recipe). This was probably my favorite "new dish" thus far. I'm a big fan of lemon flavored anything but this won Royce's heart, which makes it all the better in my book!

I forgot to get parmesan at the store, so I used a mozzarella blend instead and it was great!

A few tips:
  • It calls for 1 juiced lemon, I used 1 and a half.
  • I used sweet potatoes and broccoli as my veggies... if you use sweet potatoes, cut them REALLY SMALL or boil them a little in advance. I thought mine were small enough and I ended up having to take them out of the baking dish and microwave them for a few minutes. Everything else cooked fine in the given cook time (15-20 minutes).
It serves 2-4 people and I think it'd be kid-friendly if you use veggies your kids enjoy!

No comments: