Saturday, July 5, 2008

Two Weeks- One Update

Last week I decided not to blog since my parents were in town... and now I'm wishing I had! So much has happened in the last two weeks!




A brief run down of the last two weeks:
-I won the grand prize on a "black-out" game of Bingo... $100 cash and a fresh pie from the bakery in town!
-We experienced our first Saturday of cleaning ALL ten rooms in one day. This day also happened to be my birthday and my parents rolled into town just in time for dinner!
- My parents brought our puppy, Samson, to Colorado for the week. We were so excited to see him. :)
- My brother, Brandon, and his girlfriend, Heather, joined the rest of us in Lake City to spend the week of 4th of July as a family.
- Our family rented Jeeps and did the "Alpine Loop"-- it's an all day trip with breath-taking scenery.
- Royce and I got to be apart of Lake City's annual 4th of July parade! We decorated David and Rosie's truck and rode in the back, throwing candy to kids as we cruised Gunnison Avenue.
- After the parade we sold turkey legs in the park as a fund raiser for Lake City's E.M.T...During this time the entire town was hanging out in the park, playing games like the three legged race, potato sack relay, egg relay, etc... it's an American small town at it's best!
- We went back to Seth and Crystal's to eat ribs, potato salad, and our traditional fruit pizza (decorated to look like an American flag.
- We closed the evening by watching fire works in the park.

My parents, Brandon, and Heather left early this morning to make the trek back to Texas. It was such a special week with them, I'm so glad they were able to come. Thank you to everyone who called, emailed, or mailed birthday wishes, it was such a special day for me (despite the cleaning!). We love you all!



Hangin out with the little man on my birthday. :)


With Heather at Wednesday night Bingo (this was not the week that I won)!


A family pic at a waterfall on the Loop.


Another family pic taken at the American Basin.


Seth and Royce standing on snow remains.


We ate lunch inside this old house in Animas Forks.


Bran and Royce in the jeep.


At the top of Engineer Pass.

The Inn Staff... ready for the parade!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun you had. I am so very glad that your whole family was able to be there :)
We love you so and are looking forward to reading about more of your adventures.
Jon & Shanna

Anonymous said...

Colleen,
Nice update!
We had such a great time last week. Thanks for helping make our vacation so special.
Samson was a good traveler most of the way home. (I think he misses you already.)
Like life, your time in Lake City is passing so quickly. Enjoy it and savor every moment. You are blessed by God and the evidence is all around you.
Love, Dad