Wednesday, July 23, 2008

No pictures this week :(

Well, the reason I've delayed updating our blog this week is because for some reason we can't get the internet on Royce's computer to work... therefore I don't have a way of uploading our pictures. :(  So I'll go ahead and give an update before I forget the events of the last week.

As I mentioned in our previous post, we helped out with VBS last week.  It was a BLAST!  Thank you so much for praying for us; we definitely felt a boost of much needed energy.  It was so fun to play with the kids, sing silly songs, but most of all I think it was just a great change of pace for us.  Last week was also an "elder hostel" week at the Inn.  Elder hostel is an educational experience for people 50+ and they take place all over the United States.  The guests choose their location based on the activity they wish to learn... and at the Inn they learn to fly fish!  Not only do we make breakfasts for the guests, but we also provide sack lunches and dinners during elder hostel weeks.  So needless to say we were on the go quite a bit more than usual.  We'd have VBS from 9-12, eat lunch (usually with Seth and Crystal since we all did VBS together), rest for a little while during the afternoon, start preparing dinner around 5, and finish dinner clean up anywhere between 8:30-9p.m!  It was a fun week for sure, but we were definitely fried by Saturday.  I forgot how easy it is to lose your energy when you're playing with 9 kids under the age of 10!  

We had an interesting spin to our weekend... David and Rosie were apart of a wedding which left Royce, Michelle, and me in charge of everything on Friday and Saturday!  Thankfully we had 2 volunteers to help with the clean up, but we were all a bit nervous about serving breakfast without David and Rosie there to make sure everything was going accordingly. But God is good and everything went off without a hitch!  

Royce and I had the opportunity to go white water rafting with David and a few of the guests yesterday afternoon!  I think that was one of our favorite things we've done all summer.  The guides recommended that we wear wetsuits and at first we were all really hot and wishing we had stuck with our own swimwear... until we started to feel that 40 degree water splashing on us!  It was so beautiful; I wish I could've taken pictures on our raft.

We're starting to use the phrase "when we get home" more often these days.  I guess that means part of us is really anticipating being able to head home and settle back into our own place.  Although, I'm starting to feel a little anxious about job hunting when I get home.  Please pray that God would give me peace in knowing that He has the perfect job in mind.  

We love you guys and are looking forward to seeing you very soon!

2 comments:

Haley said...

hey colleen! looks like you guys had an amazing summer! hope you are doing great!

Haley said...

paige and i are actually taking a class at hobby lobby...haha